October 3, 2009

lAsT hOoRaH tO sUmMeR !!!


We went to Manti canyon, again one last time the week of labor day. It was SO nice to getaway from it all. We had a wonderful time riding, relaxing, having smores, playing games, watching movies, coloring, soaking up the sun and just being with family.

I love this canyon, we always find new trails and places to go. And it is not very crowded during the week. There is such diverse beauty on every trail. We have "nick" named some of them. One in particular is the Big Foot trail. Can I just tell you we went once, and that was enough for me! It is a spooky, creepy trail deep in the wood's. I swear Sasquatch lives there, it gives you the hee bee gee bee's !

We had a lot of fun playing in the creek this year. It became our swimming hole. Go figure ? We had a lake right by camp. It was nice to cool off after a long ride and even more fun to dunk others. Matt became our niece and nephew's play ground. Isn't that what uncles are for ? Talmage and Collin slept in our trailer and boy did we have fun. Well I did with them anyways, Matt I think though we were a little crazy . SUGAR + SUN + LATE NIGHT = FUN :) I love getting away on vacation ad being a kid again !

How can anyone not love to be in the outdoors ? It always fills my heart with happiness to be in the beauty the Lord created for us. Although a trailer and power is nice... So it's not too rough when you can shower and watch movies every night.

I'm sad to see summer has come to an end. Hopefully next year we can play more ! This summer went by way to fast!

1 comment:

Shelley and Jeff said...

Jen, I love you and miss you like crazy.