March 4, 2009

My Humble Piece of pie...




I was thinking whether or not to post this, but what the heck. Why not? I was having one of those days yesterday for a lot of various reasons. I think it would be safe to say I have had a lot of built up stress these days. You know when you are being pulled in all sort's of directions? Having to be here and there and do this and that all in the same moment. I have come to the conclusion a lot of this is my own fault. I just need to learn to say one simple little word. NO.
After another 12 hour day at work yesterday feeling completely frustrated by people that don't even know the first thing about their own job. Being sick of picking up their slack and having to deal with frustrated patients and employee's from these people really got to me yesterday. All I wanted to do was go to my cute little niece's birthday party and see my family. Long story short we were late. I was on the verge of cooling off to be with family. Trying to remain calm from my frustrations. I did a good job of it too. I just kept thinking one more thing today and I will snap. Well.. This is that one more thing and I did snap, but not in a really bad way. I just cried most of the night in front of my cute family they were so concerned and sweet. I think they are used to seeing me be a pretty tough girl that does not crack under pressure. Can I just say though I feel so much better today after my cry and realizing all of the little things I was "sweating" are not that big of a deal. I have a wonderful life, husband, family, job etc.. Things could be a lot worse than they are. So today I'm truly grateful for my blessings. And it is just a car after all, but I do LOVE my car. We work really hard for the things we have. And if anyone knows me I love a spotless car. So hopefully she comes back to me good as new.
Oh.. I better say a bit on how it happened. There was just a little accident with some kids playing in the truck across the street. I'm so thankful they were not hurt. And that it was not a hit and run.

12 comments:

C & E said...

We've been having one of those weeks too. I'm glad that your accident wasn't serious. Your dad has the ins with all the car people so you'll be set!

Anonymous said...

Jen, oh a boo boo on the car car--that hurts, I know from experience. Remind me to tell you about the time my neighbors kid took their monster van out of park and it rolled down there steep driveway into my monster van. Oh, and the time Jordan at nine years old took the keys from me at church and back the van into someones nice jeep. The woman still hates me.

Hey,just wanted to tell you that your pretzel rolo cashew things were the biggest hit at Enrichment tonight. I think of you every time I make them.

Love you and hope you have a really happy, stress free day tomorrow. Call me sometime. I need to tell you something.

Love, Aunt Robin

The Bischoff's said...

oh Jen, I hate when it all hits on the same day! Im glad everyone is ok and you are feeling better about it!! =)

Natalie said...

I had to laugh when I saw the picture. It looks like John's car. The one that I hit while backing out of the driveway in the van. And then I got on the freeway and almost killed Kate and myself. Yeah, don't envy you for that day. And John could relate to you and the people who don't do their job. He hates feeling like a babysitter.

the girl who knew nothing said...

I'm so sorry you were having a rotten day. I hate car accidents. I keep backing into my garbage can every friday...don't ask me how. Luckily it hasn't done anything to my car. Emma now says, "mommy did you hit the garbage again" I hope you have a better day!

Sydnee said...

I had one of those day this week. It was not a good day. But i am glad that no one was hurt, with the car thing. I hope you have a better day. We love ya lots.

kimbob said...

Jen you've got a lot of family and friends that love ya. You're great to always try to be to everything. Sorry that day put you over the edge. Sorry about your car and hope you get it back soon. I was cleaning my car once and had the keys in for the radio my 2 year old (I think) took it out of park, it rolled down my steep driveway and luckily it didn't keep going to the neighbors but then started rolling down our street which is on a hill. I jumped in but can only imagine if I hadn't been able too. Scary so glad everyone was ok

Unknown said...

awwwwe Jen I just want to give you a BIG hug!!! :D I hope you are doing better...sometimes crying (hysterically usually for me) works like a charm! I'm sorry about your car! :(

Rog said...

Oh man! I remember when my car got hit at work!! I feel like I have had my share of accidents and it sucks! Best of luck it will make you stronger!

Rog said...

this is tasha

Alexis said...

I'm so sorry!!! Sometimes we just need a good cry to make it all better. I am soooo sorry about your car. That is so sad. That made for a very bad day!

Anonymous said...

so sorry jen, i do hope your having better days. we still need to get together. maybe we'll just stop by sometime at your place. keep smilin girl....teresa