March 17, 2009

Missing you on your Birthday...

 

Happy Birthday to my Grandpa Elies. I miss he and Grandma both SO much! My Grandpa has been gone for 24 years. I sure wish my siblings and cousins and I could have had him with us longer. Jess and I may be the only ones that really remember him. His nicknames were- Stretch and Dune Daddy. Stretch from his tallness and Dune Daddy from all the sand rails he built. I remember him always out in the garage tinkering and his peanut M&M's he kept in the fridge. I would always want to give him a manicure. I was between 6-8 when I would do this. I would trim his cuticles and DIG under his nails. Poor guy.. He was a good sport, my Dad tells me that he would just sit there and try ever so hard not to flinch. It seemed I would always make him bleed. I remember another favorite memory of Grandpa. Him taking Jess and I to The State Street grill in one of his vehicles he was restoring. There was a hole in the floor from a manual transmission that was once there. It was so cool to see the road under our feet. My mom and I would always make homemade sugar cookies that were four leaf clovers for Grandpa on his St. Patrick's Day Birthday. I love you and miss you everyday Grandpa.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley Welling said...

I wish I would have known him. I guess I did, but I don't remember any of it since I was only 7 months old when he died.

I was actually reminiscing about grandma the other day and how we would always go out to lunch. Even if it was going to Burger King and getting a Whopper, it was still a lot of fun. The sleepovers were the best!