December 24, 2008

Memories of Christmas Past....

 

Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Elies. Oh how I miss my Granparents! Matt was looking through some pictures last night and came across this photo taken in the early '80's. Erica was not born yet I'm guessing the year was 1983 or 1984 ? So Jess and I would have been about 3&7. Matt said who is Mr GQ ? I laughed.. My Granparents were very nice looking people. I will always remember doing "manicures" on grandpa's hands. I loved to do this! I know it hurt him too, of course I did not know this back then. My Dad said I used to make his poor cuticles bleed and he would just flinch and let me do it until I was done. He has been gone for quite awhile. He passed away in 1985. I always remember having a lot of fun sleepovers with my Grandma and playing in all her fun make-up, perfume ect.. She had a great love for animals, always taking in any little animal that needed care. I miss them both very much! They are always in my heart.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

Wow! That's a picture. I never met Grandpa Elies. This was the first picture I have ever seen of him.

Sydnee said...

when i saw grandma i started to cry... i miss her so much!! Merry Christmas! XOXO