December 10, 2008

~It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas~

It has been awhile since I have posted. We have been busy with the preparation of the Holidays and all of the other fun things we do to keep busy. So here are a few things we have been doing...
Christmas Decor...

I got my way this year with a smaller fake pre-lit Christmas Tree. We usually have giants that take me hours on end to decorate. I'm talking needing a little giant ladder to do the job. Our first tree we had our first Christmas we went up to the ranch to cut down. It was a lot of fun! Matt was at work so I spent Friday putting all of the lights on and Saturday decorating. As I was about to clean up... CRASH!! The stinking tree fell over and covered my entire front living room. Not to mention falling on our brand new couch!!! AHHHH ! I was angry! Matt was at work so I called my Dad to come rescue me. Of course I was crying. My parents came over and helped me fix things up. Don't worry it was anchored to the wall. Next Christmas we went to cut down trees again with Chris. Again.. SO much fun! I kept telling Matt, please not another Griswold tree.. Well next thing I know here comes Chris proud as pie with a BEAUTIFUL BIG TREE! So what could I do ? We took it home. Moved a couch into the garage.. this year was much more simple to put this long story to an end. I was kind lazy this year I guess . I left a few decorations down. I did not feel like putting all of them up. So I did not Deck the halls as normal.. Just the Living room and a touch in the Kitchen and a few outside. Keeping Christmas simple this year is my goal, but does this ever really happen??


Festival of Trees...

Matt , Erica, Brandi and I went to the Festival of Trees together. We had a lot of fun together. Our friend Kim had a tree for her little girl that passed away last year. She was only a few hours old when she passed away. It was heartbreaking to see her go through this. I love her and her husband for their strength. They are amazing.


** Candy Party**
We had a candy party at Matt's Great Aunt Geri's house. His Grandma Lamb had started this tradition so her sisters wanted to keep on doing it. It was fun to get together with all the girls. What you do is make your favorite candy and take it to the party and wrap it together and chat. Its a lot of fun! Then at the end you divvy out all the goods in equal amounts to everyone there.Its fun to taste all the different candy. I cheated and made my famous Sugar Cookies. That is my specialty. They were a hit! I forgot my dang camera !! Oh well. There is another one this Friday with Aunt Diana. We are learning to make Baklava. I'm sure that is spelled wrong.


** All 85 plus Christmas cards are sent.. A few stragglers to finish tomorrow and neighbor gifts to do and the list continues. I do have a Massage on Saturday I'm looking VERY forward too!It has been a very busy few weeks. Merry Merry! Love you all!

5 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

I love your living room! Your decorations are so festive! I can't wait until I have a house so I can "deck the halls"!

Anonymous said...

Keeping it simple?!? You over achiever!! Your house looks amazing as usual! Where did you get your cute garland for the banister? I want to find some cute garland like that for my banister. Merry Christmas!

Alexis said...

Your house looks AMAZING Jen!! Can you come decorate mine??!! I wish I was there to have one of your sugar cookies! Oh...and I love that same Scentsy scent!

kimbob said...

Jen it's Kim Adams! thank you so much for the yearly card I can count on from you. Love the picture and love you gave me your blog so we can keep in touch better. Send me an email with your email and I'll send you an invite for mine. kimmyga@msn.com
Also love your house, want to decorate mine? I wish I had a gene in me to help me be better at decorating. Can't wait to keep in touch!!!

Natalie said...

I totally just made the Sugar Cookies for a cookie party I went to and of course they were the best things there :) I thought of you while I made them! I'm looking forward to Sunday. Thanks so much for planning it all. I really do appreciate that.