August 19, 2009

sUndAnCe tHeaTer

Matt and I went to the Sundance Summer Theatre on Monday with some of his family to celebrate his Mom's birthday.
The play was the called "The Fantasticks". I had never seen this play before or heard about it. It was a fun play! Here is a little description...
This popular musical centers around two fathers who, in an effort to make their children fall in love, erect a wall between their houses to keep them apart “since children never do what you want them to.” The plot works and the young couple fall in love only to discover their fathers’ scheme. As a result, the two strike out into the world separately to find their own paths, which eventually lead them back to one another, more worldly wise and mature.
We really enjoyed sitting under the stars watching a play...I froze my buns off!!!
We took blankets and I brought my coat. Still chilly. So if you go, thermals are not out of the question. Unless you are Chris who wears shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Brrr... Luckily for him we shared our blankets with everyone.
All in all it was a very enjoyable evening with family. Thanks for the idea Christine!

2 comments:

The Bischoff's said...

I love the Sundance theater! Looks like a fun night! Glad you are having a great summer!! BTW.. You are looking GREAT girl!! :)

Mona said...

Looks so fun. None of the Conrads have aged (except Lexi-what a cute girl!) in the last 10 years. And, since I am on your blog today, I want to say Happy Birhtday to MAtt too.