August 6, 2009

Girls Camp 2009 "Shine the Light"

Camp was a success!!The V1 miners did shine the light!

Camp was great this year! We were in the wilderness area. It is newer and a lot nicer. I loved it!

We did a lot of fun and great things at camp. I don't have pictures of everything yet. There was a day or two my camera was M.I.A. There were a lot of late nights. Talking , giggling, glow faces...and more!

It was great to be at camp with our wonderful young women and leaders for a week. I love our young women! They are such great girls!

A few activities included... Journal making, facials, pedicures, manicures, hair washing, braiding hair, D.I.R.T.(Personal time) which stands for "diamond in the rough time" One of my favorite times. Singing Trees, Great food, Campfire fun, 5 A.M. hike to watch the sunrise. It was beautiful! More singing, dancing, yoga at 1:30 A.M. (One of my great ideas to get the girls to sleep... Did not work ;) I may have been part of the problem. Whoopee cushion, kidnapping Edward, fun crafts & games, Bethany & McKells great voices and guitars, More hikes, Biffy, cold showers, Close friendships made, Spiritually fed, 3 hours of sleep, more singing, flag ceremony, lovely campfire smell.

All in all it was great! I missed Matt like crazy! He wrote me the sweetest letter that I read while at camp. He included Kleenex sprayed with his cologne.It was exactly what I needed. Thank's Babe!

4 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

I so miss girls camp! I stayed in the wilderness area when it was green army tents!

Rappleye Family said...

What fun pictures!! Looks like so much fun!! I bet you were a blast as a leader!! ha ha!

kimbob said...

I'm glad it went well! I dread not going up the full time now but did go up for a day. I'm sure you made it a blast!!

Carolee said...

I didn't know these pics existed or that you had a blog. Super cute and you did a GREAT job camp leader. Thanks for taking such good care of KP.