November 7, 2008

Our Sweet Grandma Lamb...


This picture was taken of our sweet Grandma on Halloween. She makes the cutest little witchie pooh. Unfortunately she had a stroke yesterday and is in the hospital not doing very well. So all of us grand kids went down to Price to see her to show her our love and to say goodbye. She has a special relationship with all of her grandchildren. Matt is very close to her and always remembers her Postum,Potato Pancakes and picking out his favorite cereal at the store. All of the Grandchildren were reminiscing about favorite memories. I had to laugh at her "Gum" stories. She would always just give them a half or even a third of a stick of gum. After we left Matt told me , she used to give me a WHOLE piece ... I knew he was the favorite! The youngest is always spoiled for sure. I still remember the first time Matt took me over to her house to meet her. I got to see all of her amazing Antiques & Dolls. Her home has such a whimsical feel to it. I love it! She has always been so cute, sweet and a lot of fun! I will miss working with her at the ranch with all of us. She was the best little napkin folder and croissant cutter. Oh and lets not forget "Bathroom Director". I'm so grateful to have been able to know such a sweet daughter of our heavenly father. All our love and prayers to you Grandma.** GRANDMA RETURNED HOME TO OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN THIS MORNING. SHE WILL BE DEEPLY MISSED. (11/8)

6 comments:

The Bischoff's said...

I'm so sorry Jen! Hope all is well. LOVE your new background!!

Chelsey Meier said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Jen. She's the cutest lady I have ever seen! It seems like she lived life to it's fullest and was very loved! I hope when I'm her age I still dress up! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Jen and Matt, So sorry to hear about your Grandma. How cute she looked on Halloween. I remember her at your wedding shower, Jen. She really was adorable. Our thoughts are with you. It hurts.
Love, Aunt Robin

Shelley and Jeff said...

I love GRANDMOTHERS!!! They are the best people in the world. I love my grandparents too. I cried when I read some of your memories. I love and miss you. I hope at this time you will feel the Lord's love for you and your sweetest Grandmother.

Natalie said...

I was sad to read that. I still cry all the time because I miss my grandma. It doesn't really matter how much time passes, it still feels like it just happened. I hope you both receive the comfort that you need.

Mike & Cody said...

Jen, So sorry to hear of your grandmas passing. I truely know how hard these things are. I still cry at the very thought of my "Granny" but I am so glad of the knowledge that we have as Latter-day Saints. Love ya and hang in there.