July 29, 2010

*Summer Trip 2010* Yellowstone N.P. * Teton N.P.*Jackson Hole*

It is hard to believe we have already been on our vacation and back to work.

Matt and I really enjoyed our trip last week together. It was so great to be able to spend a few days alone with my sweetheart enjoying God's creations.

Some of you may or may not know that I have a deep love for the great outdoors. It brings such peace and happiness to my soul.....

To have the soft breeze blow through my hair, the sun shine on my face, to breathe the fresh mountain air,to shut out the world and just listen to the song of nature. Of course lets not forget how blessed we are to see. I'm always amazed by God's creations.

* To pause the slide show or see caption place mouse on image :D

We arrived to our destination Wednesday evening. This time we took our camp trailer with us. I was sad at first we could not spend our time in Colter Bay, but Flagg Ranch was just as fine of place to stay. (Minus the beautiful Marina they have in Colter Bay Village.) We will reserve early next time and stay there.

Back to my story...
We set up camp and wanted to stretch our legs after a long drive. We ended up along the Snake River for a walk. It was beautiful to walk along the river bank as the sun was setting.

To top off the evening we enjoyed our famous taco salad and a movie in bed. Ahhh... Vacation at last!

We enjoyed Yellowstone National Park for the first two full days of our vacation. What a beautiful place! Matt had been there only one other time with my family.

We did not have a lot of time to stop on our last trip. So I made sure to give him the grand loop tour. It was perfect weather the high was about 70-75 degrees.We both loved it! (After being in the city where it was in the 100 degree range.)

Saturday had to by our favorite day. This happened to be our last full day of fun in the parks.

Our morning started early at 5:30 a.m. for our Breakfast Cruise on Jackson Lake. The temperature was 35 degrees when we got in the truck. Oh baby it felt really cool, but nice at the same time.

We departed Colter Bay Marina at 7:30 for Elk Island. Which happens to be the biggest Island on the lake. Breakfast was superb! Pancakes,Sausage,Hash browns,Eggs,Fresh Trout, Yogurt, Fresh Fruit, Juice and more! Wow was it good! Matt even tried the Trout! Hold on.....He even LIKED it!
After Breakfast we hiked around the Island. It was a very enjoyable morning on the Island and Lake itself.

Next item on the agenda was a nap. Can I tell you if you go on vacation and do not take a nap you are missing out! HEA-VEN!

After a wonderful nappy dap we had a snack and I primped for a fun night out with my Hub's.

Went on a beautiful drive through the Tetons and Moose. Where we just so happened to see a Moose.It was a fun little road to Teton Village.
There we took a ride on the aerial tram. And can I tell you what a view at 10,450 feet!

After a being on top of the beautiful mountains we went for some great food and entertainment. "The Bar J Chuck wagon" It was so much fun to see the Bar J Wranglers!
The food was great and the entertainment was super fun! We sat by some very nice people from Sweden.

Our drive home was LONG, but beautiful. We decided to go through Bear Lake and the Logan area. Not sure if we will do that again towing a trailer, but the truck as always did great! It is so nice to have a diesel that gets great gas mileage!

Thanks to my great family for taking care of our home while we were gone. And the Delicious dinner we came home too! Love you guys!

P.S. Word to the wise. Do not try to remodel a master bath right before you leave on vacation.Pictures to come. She is going to be beautiful!

2 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

When I was up at BYU-Idaho, I hiked the Tetons. They were so beautiful!

kimbob said...

I have never been to Yellowstone. One day I will make it there. Bob's family used to always vacation at the National Parks not my family, they weren't campers. Looks so fun and beautiful!