June 26, 2008

GirLs CaMp 2008

OK... I know I'm a little slow at posting about girls camp. We all survived and had a total blast! Like the snow? It was pretty cold! Brr! Thank goodness for "fat pants" Don't worry, we all wore at least 2-3 layers. The thermals were great and the snow pants even better. The very best for keeping warm at night was my nalgene bottle. For those of you who don't know what those are, they are awesome! Its a special water bottle you can put boiling hot water in. It kept me warm all night. It was my cuddle buddy for 4 nights. I missed my husband a lot while I was gone. I think he missed me too :)It was fun to be with all of the girls! Late night chats, killing mothes and trying to get bats out of our cabin. And lets not forget the junk food buffet nightly in our cabin. The girls made sure us leaders were well fed. LOL..I had a total blast! Im so very greatful we were able to go to Shalom. It is such a special place. I love it! I have to admit I was so tired after camp... I came home to a Day Spa gift card from Matt with the sweetest letter. I cried! He was at work when I arrived home. I wanted to go and pick him up from work right then. (I was a bit cranky from zero sleep all week.)I have to say "Thank You" to Matt for putting up with my grouchy attitude. And sorry about that babe. Let's just say I'm still trying to re coop. Then last weekend we had youth confrenece down in Manti. It was also fun! We went overnight to some cabins and went to the Manti pageant. We had a great time. I only stayed one night. So it was not as bad , but im so ready to stay home now for a little while.










" Be Steadfast & Immovable, Always Abounding in Good Works"

4 comments:

Alison said...

I bet the girls loved you!!

Welcome back! I bet its nice to be out of the snow. But so glad you had fun, I always loved girls' camp!

John said...

Wow. I don't envy the snow! We are on the countdown now for our camp. I'm definitely stressing, and I'm not even the camp director. I'm glad it was a good experience despite the cold; you are so awesome Jenny.
This is Natalie

Rappleye Family said...

CUTE! YOU POSTED ABOUT GIRLS CAMP!!! YEAH!! HEY HOW DID YOU CHANGE YOUR BACKGROUND??

the girl who knew nothing said...

I am glad you had so much fun. You would have been the best camp leader. I can't believe all the snow. Good job Matt. Sometimes we just need a day at the spa.