November 27, 2009

~SO much to be Thankful for~

This year we had Thanksgiving with the Conrad family. It was a beautiful day at the ranch . It was so sunny and warm , and just gorgeous ! I was horrible at taking any pictures this year. I feel bad that I only took one picture of the whole day. It was of my vegetable tray that turned out to be just beautiful . Kinda silly huh ? The food was delish !
Our Sweet Potato Souffle was a hit ! Along with our Pumpkin and Coconut Cream pies, Crescent Rolls and other delicious fixings. Matt and I both cooked up a storm these past few days.
I have to say I have the most sweet caring husband in the whole wide world! I had been up since 4:30 a.m. Wednesday morning and was baking my pie crusts..... a new recipe. Bad idea on Thanksgiving eve. It just so happens they did not turn out. I was about in to burst into tears I was so frustrated and tired!!! Matt was so sweet he went to the store at 11:30 p.m. to buy some good old Marie Calendar pie crusts. I did not even have to ask. He then stayed up until past 2 a.m. to wait for the Pumpkin Pies to finish baking. Just so I could go to bed and wake up early for more cooking and to go to the gym :)
I'm so thankful for my HUSBAND and all that he does for me. He compliments me everyday and never forgets to tell me how much he loves me and appreciates all that I do. I could not ask for a better husband that is more Thoughtful, Kind, Compassionate, Loving and Christlike. I love you Matty! Thank you for always being there and behind me no matter what. I could not do it all without your love and support.

I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful blessings in my life.

3 comments:

C & E said...

You do have a good hubby! I'm glad you're doing good. Tell your mom and dad hi for us, we miss them.

Unknown said...

Good to hear that you had a great thanksgiving! I made my first turkey..yikes!! but it turned out good which was a nice surprise lol
I miss you! One of these day's I'll quit being lazy and come see you :)

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Just have to tell you that you are adorable. You work too hard, though. Matt is such a sweetie to go to the store. Don't you love men like that?
I want to come see your beautifully decorated house.
Love, Aunt Robin